Okay. So this is a day late. But better than late than never, right?
Choosing only five couples is ridiculously difficult. I love fake couples. I have more OTP's than I can count. When a couple I like finally gets together, I literally victory dance around my room...
My favorite couples also change on a regular basis. But heres who I'm loving at the moment.
5. Percy/Annabeth from Percy Jackson and the Olympians & The Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan: I've loved Annabeth and Percy from the beginning. Watching them grow throughout the books is one of the things I love most about both series. I will ship them until the end of time.
4. Alice and Cole from the White Rabbit Chronicles by Gena Showalter: I love these two together. They're both sassy, spunky, stubborn little messes that I adore. I love the way they check each other throughout the whole book. They balance each other so well and I can't wait to see how they grow throughout the rest of the series.
3. David and Jess from Fire in the Woods by Jennifer M. Eaton: I just finished this book yesterday and I'm a bit obsessed with these two. Especially David. He is without a doubt the cutest thing in history. I love that he and Jess are both amazing characters on their own, as are most of these fine people, but become even better as a couple. Each of them are strong, smart, and brave as well vulnerable, raw, and flawed. They bring out the best in each other and I really need the second book to be out. Like now.
2. Lola and Cricket from Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins: I couldn't make a list about couples without mentioning one of Stephanie Perkins'. I love all of her books, and choosing just one was difficult, that being said, Lola is my favorite book of hers. I love Lola as a character so much, that whoever she was with would be on the list with her. The fact that boy is Cricket is just the sprinkles on top. The two of them are wonderful together. They support each others dreams, and love each others quirks. They understand each other so well and except the good with the bad. It also helps that I'm a sucker for a lost love comes back story.
1. Celaena and Chaol from The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas: Even though these two didn't get together until Crown of Midnight I've shipped them since they first met. I love the way they challenge each other. They make each other stronger and would do anything for the other. When they danced; I died a little, when they finally got together; I had to set the book down so I didn't destroy it while I fangirled all over my room. When their romance was...errr...put on a temporary hold, I screamed so loud my Mom came rushing into the room to see I was being murdered. I still haven't read the third book, so I'm not sure how it continues, but for the sake of my little fangirl heart I'm just going to keep believing that they'll live happily ever after.