Monday, October 13, 2014

Review: Unnatural Creatures- stories selected by: Neil Gaiman

Summary:
Unnatural Creatures is a collection of short stories all about different kinds of creatures you would never find in the Natural History Museum. It's full of brilliant pieces about monsters and myths from some amazing authors like Neil Gaiman, Diana Wynne Jones, E. Nesbit, and several others.



My Thoughts:
I loved this book. I gave it a 5/5 stars over on goodreads. I thought the stories in it were absolutely brilliant. They were all so well written, and creative that it blows my mind a little bit. I credit this book with pulling me out of my reading slump because it was just really fun to read. I love monsters and the monsters in this book, while familiar, were still really unique and I love the way the authors made them their own. None of it felt old or worn out even though a lot of the creatures are popular, like werewolves. 

It was a perfect pick for this time of year. If you like Grimm; you'll love this collection. It's definitely worth checking out.

Till next time, have a good life!

No comments:

Post a Comment